Asian chicken cabbage wraps with fresh veggies, lime, cilantro and a tantalizing no-peanut sauce provide everything you need for a satisfying and nutritious meal. The cabbage leaves are a great substitution for carbs, and the no-peanut sauce gives you all of the flavor of regular peanut sauce sans the negative effects peanuts can have on digestion and our guts.
· 1 pound chicken breast
· 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
· 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 tablespoon scallions, diced
· 4 garlic cloves, crushed
· 1 tablespoon liquid coconut aminos
· 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
· 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
CABBAGE WRAP INGREDIENTS
· 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
· 1 medium carrot, julienned or spiralized
· 1 medium scallion, chopped
· 1/2 medium cucumber, diced
· 1/2 head Napa cabbage
· 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
· Sriracha to taste
· Sea salt to taste
NO PEANUT SAUCE INGREDIENTS
· ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (water can be used as a substitute)
· 3 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
· 2 tablespoons raw honey, or your natural sweetener of choice
· 1 clove of garlic, crushed
· 1/2 cup roasted unsweetened almond butter
· 1 teaspoon of Sriracha
· Sea salt to taste
NO PEANUT SAUCE DIRECTIONS
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Add coconut milk until desired texture is reached. It should be a thick sauce.
1. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken, coconut aminos, half of the ginger and scallions and cook until chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove from pan and set aside in a bowl.
5. Squeeze the lime juice, add the cilantro, a teaspoon of sesame seeds and toss.
CABBAGE WRAP DIRECTIONS
1. Chop all veggies.
2. Separate the cabbage leaves gently to keep them intact.
3. Put the chicken in a cabbage leaf and top with carrots, scallions, cucumber, no peanut sauce, ginger, sesame seeds and cilantro.
4. Add lime juice and sea salt to taste.
5. Drizzle on Sriracha and no-peanut sauce.