I don’t know about you, but when it’s hot out I just want to eat cold, crunchy, colorful foods. (And coconut ice cream…but that’s for another post.)
There are so many flavors and textures to put together with all of the amazing fruits and veggies available and my NZ Summer Slaw is a perfect example.
It’s crunchy and crisp, slightly sweet, slightly savory and full of vibrant colors.
This slaw is delicious with shrimp or salmon, in tacos, on burgers or just on its own.
If you know me you know that the way I cook is “a little bit of this and a little bit of that” and I encourage people to play around with flavors too.
So use this as a guideline and have some fun with it to make it perfect for your tastes.
– 2 cups shredded red cabbage
– 1 cup shredded jicama
– 1 green apple shredded 1 avocado diced
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– Handful of cashews
– Juice from one squeezed lime
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– Pinch of sea salt
– A few drops of liquid stevia (this stuff is strong so start with 3-5). You can sub with maple syrup or honey.
Mix it all together and serve cold.
Yum, Colleen. This looks wonderful. I’ll try it soon!