Chicken salad is so versatile which is one of the main reasons I Iove it- that and the fact that it’s delicious.
There are more variations to chicken salad than I can count, and my Paleo Smokey Pistachio version is definitely a favorite.
Pistachios always bring up memories of my mom and Christmas time. She would sit in our living room by the tree and carefully crack open nut after nut for what seemed like hours.
I never appreciated pistachios as a kid, but now…holy yum. They have a sophisticated taste, rich and subtle, and are the most beautiful shades of green.
Sweet smoky paprika adds lovely undertones while supplying healthy vitamins and iron.
Try wrapping it in collard leaves or lettuce, pairing it with your favorite salad, or just enjoying it by its lonesome.
- 1 pound of organic chicken, shredded
- 1-3 tablespoons of avocado oil mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon of mustard
- 1/8 cup of pistachios
- 2 teaspoons of sweet smoky paprika
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken and shred
- Add mayo and mustard and mix until evenly covered
- Add paprika and nuts and mix
- Season with sea salt and pepper
Try pairing Smoky Pistachio Chicken Salad with sauerkraut and wrapping in a steamed collard greens leaf