This has been the month of recipes gone wrong turning into something very, very good. Today’s is one of those. My boyfriend gifted me with an Instant Pot yesterday which I was thrilled about! So thrilled that I may have jumped into creating things without fully reading the cooking instructions.
The plan was to make lightly cooked coconut-lemongrass cauliflower. I put in all of the ingredients, set the timer and pressed start. The smells coming from the Instant Pot were amazing and I was so excited to taste the end product. But when I opened the lid I learned why it’s called an “Instant” Pot. Things cook a whole lot quicker! Everything was total mush. Vitamix to the rescue.
I took the Instant Pot creation, poured it into my Vitamix, turned it on medium speed and whipped up the most amazing Lemongrass-Coconut Soup. The cauliflower makes the soup thick and creamy and the undertones of coconut and lemongrass are sweet and refreshing. This soup tastes amazing hot or chilled, but since it’s summer I recommend the chilled option. For an added treat just sprinkle on some unsweetened toasted coconut flakes.
It also meets the criteria for most special diets including Keto, AIP, Paleo, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan. Pour it in mason jars for an easy lunch to go! This is definitely going to be one of my summer staples.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh ginger, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 4-6 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon cumin (leave out if AIP)
- 1 tablespoons curry (leave out if AIP)
- 1/4 – 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth depending on desired thickness
- 2-4 tablespoons toasted unsweetened chopped coconut
- Peel off the outer layer of leaves from the lemon grass stalk.
- Put all ingredients in an Instant Pot for 14 minutes, or until completely soft. You can also cook them in a regular pot until completely soft.
- After ingredients are all completely soft remove from the pot
- Pour into blender or Vitamix. * Option to remove the lemongrass. It will leave very small pieces of stalk in the soup which can be slightly difficult to chew, but I personally enjoy the extra flavor they add and choose to leave them in.
- Mix on medium speed until ingredients are completely blended adding in broth until the desired consistancy is reached
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut
- Serve chilled or hot